Will First Atlantic ever contact me on an unsolicited basis and request account or personal information?
- No, First Atlantic will never contact you on an unsolicited basis and request personal or account information.
What should I do if I notice suspicious account activity or experience security-related events?
- Contact First Atlantic immediately if you notice any suspicious activity or experience security-related events. You can contact us via phone (732-380-3600 opt. 5) or visit one of our stores.
What should I do to protect myself when using online or mobile banking?
- Password protect your computer or mobile device and/or your online or mobile banking application.
- Download signed applications only from trusted sources.
- For mobile devices using the Android operating system, do not enable Android's "install from unknown sources" feature.
- Never store usernames and passwords on your computer or mobile device.
- Keep your computer or mobile device with you or in a secure place when not in use.
- If you receive text messages from First Atlantic, frequently delete them from your mobile device.
- Notify the credit union and carrier immediately if your mobile device is lost or stolen so that it can be deactivated.
- Do not modify your computer or mobile device as it may disable important security features.
- Install antivirus software.
- Check your account frequently and notify First Atlantic of any unauthorized transactions.
- Do not respond to emails or text messages requesting personal information, such as Social Security numbers, credit/debit/ATM card numbers, and account numbers.
- Do not open attachments or click links received in emails or text messages from unfamiliar sources.
- Perform your own personal or business risk assessment to ensure that you are protecting yourself from any potential security-related events.